Purpose: A mission of Denver Metro BOMA is to provide professional development opportunities to its membership. To support this initiative, Denver Metro BOMA will offer a scholarship in the name of Denver Metro BOMA's Past President and long time BOMA Member – Ronald L. Simpson. Ron was a strong supporter of education and we are honored to offer a scholarship in his name. This scholarship may be used to take courses toward the achievement of a BOMI designation and the BOMA Foundations of Commercial Real Estate Course. Scholarships available may vary year to year.
Who is Eligible?
- Employees of a Denver Metro BOMA Building Member or Associate Member Company.
- The scholarship will be awarded to an individual only once unless there are no additional qualified candidates in the application pool.
How to Apply
- Submit a completed scholarship application.
- Submit one typed letter of recommendation from any of the following:
- Current Employer
- Current Denver Metro BOMA Board Member or BOMA Fellow
- A person who has achieved RPA, FMA, or SMA designation.
- Community leader (minister, chairman community project, officer or director non-profit real estate or civic association).
- Submit a brief personal letter describing applicants’ professional background and involvement in BOMA or other professional or civic organizations, why the applicant is seeking a designation, and why the applicant is applying for the scholarship.
- Be able/willing to participate in a personal interview with the Scholarship Review Task Force if requested.
Application deadline for this year's scholarship is February 12, 2024.
- Classes must be taken in the classroom when classroom study is available.
- Must be willing for BOMA to contact the employer and/or references regarding verification of submission.
- The recipient will be awarded half of two BOMI sanctioned courses leading to the FMA, RPA or SMA designation or full registration for BOMA Foundations Course, which must be taken in one calendar year (Jan. – Dec.).
- The Scholarship is exclusive of any and all other fees, including designation enrollment, etc.
How the Selection is Made
The Scholarship Review Task Force will evaluate the following in determining the scholarship recipient:
- Desire to achieve RPA, SMA or FMA professional designation as explained in the personal letter.
- Participation in BOMA or other related organizations.
- Civic participation.
- Education and other professional designations.
- One letter of recommendation (From employer or one related to either professional or community involvement).
- Presentation in a personal interview, if requested.
About Ronald L. Simpson
Ronald L. Simpson, RPA, CPM, a Denver native, had been in the office building industry for over forty years, specializing in property management, leasing, and development. His career with BOMA and BOMI is long and impressive. Ron had been President of Denver Metro BOMA, the Southwest Region, and BOMA International. Ron authored the RPA course, “Leasing and Marketing for Property Managers,” and has co-authored the RPA course, “Administration of Real Property.” He had been an instructor of real estate courses for over thirty years.
The Denver Metro Building Owners and Managers Association is committed that all persons shall have an equal opportunity to programs, facilities, and employment.