Moderator: Craig Johnson with CBRE
Speakers: Joe Havey -E Cube, Lisa Greenberg -Gravely Pearson Wollenweber Freedman, Katrina Managan -Department of Public Health & Environment, Grant Nelson -Intergo, and Zachery Owens -Colorado Energy Office
The new Green Building Ordinance has been designed and approved by Denver City Council. Now what? Join us for a panel discussion of what the ordinance means and commercial property owners will learn what option they have to comply with the new ordinance.
Topics to be covered in this seminar include:
- How did we get here?
- Learn about the ordinance and what it really means
- Ways to prepare and ensure your property complies
- Learn options beyond the roof as it was initially presented.
Learn about the Green Roof ordinance and what it is really all about. What are the next steps and what can you do when you need to repair or replace your roof.
A Green Buildings Ordinance was approved by Denver City Council on October 29, 2018, and took effect Friday, November 2, 2018. On November 15, Community Planning
and Development (CPD) held an open house discussing the flexible options available for buildings under the new ordinance.
The green buildings ordinance applies to the following:
- New buildings 25,000 square feet or larger
- Roof permits for existing buildings 25,000 square feet or larger
- Additions of 25,000 square feet or larger
The ordinance does NOT apply to parking structures, temporary buildings, air-supported structures, greenhouses, single-family homes, duplexes, or dwelling units constructed in a group of three or more attached units, where each unit extends from foundation to roof and is not more than 3 stories above grade plane.
Partial exemptions for certain residential buildings:
Residential buildings 25,000 square feet or larger that meet the following criteria must meet the ordinance's "cool roof" requirement but are exempt from having to choose a compliance option:
- It is anEXISTING residential building 5 stories or lessOR less than 62.5 feet in height.
- It is aNEW residential building 5 stories or lessAND less than 62.5 feet in height.