6/27/2019 to 11/7/2019
5 Classes: 6/27, 7/25, 8/29, 9/19, and 11/7
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Locations vary every class, see below
Denver Metro BOMA
« Go to Upcoming Event List
What is Foundations?
- A soup-to-nuts, 5-module, 30-hour, entry-level course, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management and more.
- Classroom instruction from seasoned professionals, reinforced by behind-the-scenes tours of outstanding buildings.
- Live, in-person training with small class sizes to facilitate learning, discussion and team activities.
- A complete package—instruction, peer networking, property tours and a comprehensive course manual that is easy to read and a valuable resource back on the job.
For all experience levels, Foundations…
- Reinforces on-the-job training for junior and assistant property managers.
- Provides “feet on the ground” experience and exposure for administrative assistants and students considering a career in commercial real estate.
- Offers a great refresher for experienced professionals—fills training gaps and provides important management and operations updates.
- Supports suppliers and building engineers who benefit from understanding the basics of real estate management.
NOTE: BOMI currently waives the $225 Designation fee for anyone completing the Foundations Course.
Leadership Session Descriptions
Session I – Real Estate Administration
Facilitator: Dan Meitus with Elevate Real Estate Services
Location: Denver Place Building - 999 18th St, Denver, CO 80202 - Suite 210 Conference Room
- A Day in the Life of a Real Estate Manager
- Asset Management and Valuation
- Tenant Relations and Retention
- Contracting for Goods and Services
- Leasing and Marketing
- Insurance and Risk Management
Session II – The Well Versed Real Estate Manager
Facilitator: Judith Purviance-Anderson with Cushman & Wakefield
Location: 4600 South Syracuse, Denver, CO 80237 - Building Conference Room, 1st Floor pass the elevators to the right
- Emergency Preparedness
- Tenant Improvements and Capital Projects
- Accounting and Reporting
- Base Rent and Operating Expense Recoveries
- Due Diligence
- The Business Plan
- Safety and Environmental Issues
- Industrial Properties
Session III – Building Operations I
Facilitator: Joe Havey with E Cube
- Heating, Ventilating, and Cooling the Building
- Domestic Water
- Electrical Distribution
- Work Orders
- Mixed-Use Properties
Session IV – Building Operations II
Facilitator: Lori Carter with Crestone Partners
- Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Building Maintenance
- Elevators and Escalators
- Roofing Systems
- Solid Waste Management and Recycling
- Janitorial Services
- Medical Office Properties
Session V – Putting It All Together
Facilitator: Wendy Williams
Location: BOK Building, 1600 Broadway, Denver, CO. 80202 - 5th Floor Conference Room
- Pest Management
- Landscaping and Snow removal
- Special Considerations